Renal calculi or stones in the kidney are formations of stone in the kidney or in the urinary tract, resulting in the accumulation of existing crystals in the urine. Its presence may go unnoticed, without symptoms, but it can also cause very severe pain that begins in the back and radiates into the abdomen toward the inguinal region. It is a pain that manifests itself in cramps, that is, with a peak of intense pain followed by some relief. In general, these attacks may be accompanied by nausea and vomiting and require medical and hospital care for kidney stone treatment in Delhi.
Among the causes of kidney stone, it is important to highlight:
- Insufficient volume of urine, or supersaturated urine of salts;
- Lots of calcium, phosphates, oxalates, cystine, or lack of citrate;
- Metabolic disorders of uric acid or parathyroid gland;
- Anatomical changes;
- Urinary tract obstruction.
In addition to clinical evidence (severe pain and signs of blood in the urine), kidney stones can be diagnosed by abdominal X-rays, ultrasound or excretory urography, a more specific urinary tract examination.
The typical symptom of kidney stones through urine is renal colic, a sharp, unilateral, severe low back pain that radiates to the front of the abdomen. In a few cases, patients are asymptomatic or little pain felt during the passage of the calculation by urethers.
However, there are other symptoms that may be associated with kidney stones, such as:
- Vomiting and fever;
- Blood in the urine;
- Suspension or decreased urinary flow;
- More frequent need to urinate;
- Urinary tract infections.
KIDNEY STONE TREATMENT IN DELHI
Contrary to what was recommended in the past, excessive seizures should be avoided. Excess fluid can increase urine pressure in the kidney and consequently increase pain. Treatments can be of various types:
- Medicines may be indicated only by the physician taking into account the cause of stone formation. During seizures, the use of potent pain killers and anti-inflammatory drugs is indicated to relieve pain, which is extremely strong, almost unbearable;
- Lithotripsy, that is, the bombardment of the stones by shock waves aiming at the fragmentation of the stone, which makes their elimination by urine easier;
- Percutaneous or endoscopic surgery: through the endoscope and through small holes, the stone can be removed from the kidneys after fragmentation;
- Ureteroscopy: Endoscopically allows the removal of stones located in the ureter.
KIDNEY STONE PREVENTION AND TREATMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
- Drink lots of water regularly. Two to three liters a day. This is the most important measure to prevent kidney stones;
- Use a paper filter when you might be eliminating a calculation. Analysis of its composition may guide the physician in choosing the most appropriate treatment;
- The use of pain medication should be prescribed by the doctor. Some of them are inadvisable for people with stomach problems or for pregnant women;
- Control the intake of protein and calcium-rich foods if the calculations are formed by excess uric acid or calcium;
- Do not self-medicate or make your own diagnosis. Seek medical attention, especially if you have severe back or abdomen pain and signs of blood in the urine.