Prevention is better than Cure
Dr. Vinant Bhargava, MBBS, DNB (Nephrology) is a famous Nephrologist in Gurgaon. According to him, kidney disorder can be avoided by:
|i). Always maintain body weight average and prevent obesity.||ii). Correct eating habits, lower salt and sugar and lower unhealthy fats. Use mustard oil and sunflower oil.|
|iii). Regular workout e.g. fast walking, aerobic exercises.||iv). Quit Smoking.|
|v). Regular medical check-ups every 6 months or after one year.|
- Dr. Vinant Bhargava, Kidney Specialist in Gurgaon, says that people get quite concerned once they discover that their blood urea or Serum creatinine increases or if protein/albumin is seen in the urine is higher.
- Diabetes mellitus when affecting the kidney may cause protein leakage in the urine. This may be caused by medication up to a particular stage. Avoidance of pain killers, ayurvedic medicines helps in proteinuria.
- Extreme kidney failure also takes place due to: a) dehydration soon after serious gastroenteritis especially in little kids and the older people. b) Blood loss by accidents or trauma.
- Kidney failure might be reversible if the main cause resulting in the kidney failure has been properly managed.
- In a few cases, kidney failure may require dialysis support. There is a false belief that the moment severe kidney failure has developed then the person will often require dialysis for the rest of his life. This perception is wrong. When the cause of severe kidney failure is treated, the kidney failure is reversed.
- In kidney failure, if blood urea and serum creatinine are increased and kidney size is normal or almost normal then we may plan to do a kidney biopsy. A kidney biopsy is a relatively safe test done under local anesthesia and ultrasound guidance. Kidney biopsy may help the doctor to treat the disease with accuracy.
Methods to Examine Kidney Health
Blood and urine examinations can reveal us how well someone’s kidneys are functioning.
Your nephrologist in Delhi might choose to do blood and urine tests if you are at risk for renal failure or renal disease. For people who have begun dialysis to substitute the functionality of their kidneys, these tests allow doctors know how well dialysis is performing.
The test is done with early morning sample to detect presence of proteins or active sediments (FBC, WBC etc). There are other urine tests to ascertain the cause of kidney damage.
Your blood (serum) may be tested for a number of things including:
Creatinine is a waste item of muscle activity. The kidneys usually remove this waste product. Blood (serum) levels of creatinine are the most usual numbers used by best nephrologist in Delhi to identify kidney performance.
When the kidneys are not functioning well, dialysis helps to remove extra creatinine from blood. Dialysis is normally begun when creatinine clearance declines to less than 10 milliliters per minute /1.73m2 BSA.
Where to begin?
Meet your physician frequently. If your kidney specialist in Delhi detects that you have risk factors (diabetes mellitus, urinary tract infection) or are displaying symptoms of kidney disease, the doctor will advise a few blood and urine tests. The primary focus should be to slow the deterioration in kidney disease and to delay dialysis. First, your physician will need to identify the reason, and then determine if the problem is reversible or not. If the cause is diabetes or hypertension, your physician will assist you in better control of sugar and blood pressure. Life style modification will help in reducing the risk factors that lead to progression of pre-existing kidney disease.
Different approaches for managing your kidney health consist of
- Meeting your physician regularly
- Follow your physician’s guidance
- Managing good blood glucose, if you are diabetic
- Follow your physician’s advice to manage your blood pressure level if you have high blood pressure
- Knowing about signs of kidney disease
- Taking recommended medicine only
- Taking nutritional supplements or vitamins only with the approval of your doctor
- Positive attitude of life
For an individual with initial kidney disease, using these tips may help delay kidney failure.